Title of CPD course: 1 FULL DAY WORKSHOP – 3 DIFFERENT TOPICS
SESSION 1 – How to prevent a SACAP audit by complying with the Code of Conduct
SESSION 2 – Energy usage in buildings: naturally ventilated vs artificially ventilated method. Which method to use?
SESSION 3 – NBR – O & SANS 10400 O: Natural Lighting, Zone of Space
Presenter: DHANASH BASDEW AND VIDESH BOODU
Course information (Content/Overview)
Summary of key points:
SESSION 1 – 8:00am to 12:00pm
- Demonstrate non-compliance in the Code of Conduct with case studies
- Demonstrate compliance with rule 1,4 & 5
- Unpacking of Client Professional Agreement
- Discussion on the 6 work stages
SESSION 2 – 12:30pm to 2:30pm
- To develop the professionals understanding of the different methods of calculating the Fenestration compliance and which method is better suited to meet your client’s needs.
- This seminar includes an example clearly showing the different outcomes using the different methods.
- SACAP – Professional Competency: 1 – Architectural Design. 2 – Environmental relationships. 3 – Construction technology. 7 – Building services & related technologies.
- This workshop covers the impacts of using the different methods of achieving compliance. These impacts include initial and lifetime costs of the building. It also demonstrates the impact of Architectural massing and form on the overall environmental impact of the building.
SESSION 3 – 2:30pm to 4:30pm
- To develop the professionals understanding of Natural Lighting compliance in buildings.
SACAP – Professional Competency: This Workshop covers the following Professional Competencies:
- 1 – Architectural Design.
- 2 – Environmental relationships.
- 3 – Construction technology
DELEGATES WHO ATTEND THIS WORKSHOP WOULD HAVE GAINED AN UNDERSTANDING OF:
- The relevance of the regulation.
- Minimum Natural Lighting ‘deemed to satisfy’ requirements.
- Zones of Space calculation methods
Venue : Midrand Conference Centre, 661 Pendulum Road, Halfway House
Time: 8:00am to 4:30pm
Date: Thursday, 13 June 2019
Closing date for Registration: 05 June 2019
Click for compulsory registration: https://form.myjotform.com/SAIBD2018/workshop-registration-form
Cost of workshop
R1600-00 non SAIBD members
R1400-00 SAIBD members (fully paid up members only)
Cancellation/refunds will only be accepted a week prior to the set date. Should no cancellation be received within this period, no refunds will be made for non-attendance
Dietary requirements to be forwarded a week prior to date.
CPD Category: 1
CPD Credits: 1
Course validation: SAIBD
Name of VA, ALS hosting the CPD course: South African Institute of Building Design
Contact person for course information and bookings: Rehana Gaffar
Tel : 031 202 4726
Fax: 086 428 1056
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Banking details/ booking details or other important information
SAIBD, Standard Bank
Acc. no: 051 406 500
Branch code : 042 826
(Please use “DB-day 2” followed by your Surname and SACAP registration no. as reference for payment)
NB: SAIBD CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR INCORRECT REFERENCE NUMBERS.