Title of CPD course :ON SITE DOMESTIC SEWER DISPOSAL – NBR-PART P
Presenter: Mr Videsh Boodu
Course information (Content/Overview)
- To develop the professionals understanding of Sewer Disposal where Municipal services are lacking after considering the various risk factors. The takeaways for the Delegates would be the ability to understand the implications of the various systems and design / implement the best system, after considering the site specific conditions.
SACAP – Professional Competency: This Workshop covers the following Professional Competencies;
- 2 – Environmental relationships.
- 3 – Construction technology.
- 7 – Building services & related technologies
Summary of key points:
DELEGATES WHO ATTEND THIS WORKSHOP WOULD HAVE GAINED AN UNDERSTANDING OF:
- Why is this relevant?
- The relevant Law, Act 103 of 1977.
- The relevant Regulations.
- The various methods of sewer disposal.
- Initial Considerations.
- Compliance Procedure.
- Risk Assessment.
- Percolation Test.
- How a Septic Tank works
- Conservancy Tanks.
- Septic Tank Proportions.
- How to Size a Septic Tank.
- The different types of Absorption Fields.
- Deciding on the appropriate type of Absorption Field.
- How to size the Absorption Field
- System maintenance.
Venue : 29 Bird Street, NEWCASTLE (Newcastle Club)
Time: 8:30am to 4pm
Date: Friday, 17 May 2019
Closing date for Registration: 13 May 2019
Click for compulsory registration: https://form.myjotform.com/SAIBD2018/workshop-registration-form
Cost of workshop
R1600 – on/before 13 May 2019
R1400 – SAIBD Members (paid up members only), on/before 13 May 2019
Cancellation/refunds will only be accepted a week prior to the set date. Should no cancellation be received within this period, no refunds will be made for non-attendance!
Dietary requirements to be forwarded a week prior to date.
CPD Category: 1
CPD Credits: 1
Course validation: SAIBD
Name of VA, ALS hosting the CPD course: South African Institute of Building Design
Contact person for course information and bookings: Rehana Gaffar
Tel.: 031 202 4726
Banking details/ booking details or other important information
SAIBD, Standard Bank
Acc. no: 051 406 500
Branch code : 042 826
(Please use Surname and SACAP registration no. as reference)